How to Cook Turkey Bacon Homemade RecipesApril 7, 2021
Turkey bacon prepared by yourself is not only tasty, but it can be a diet dish. And believe us – it is so delicious. Here you are a delicious turkey bacon recipe! Check it out.
- What is turkey bacon?
- Recipe 1 – Baking crispy turkey bacon in the oven.
- Recipe 2 – Roast turkey bacon with brown sugar.
- Turkey bacon sauce.
- Questions and answers about turkey bacon:
- Video how to cook turkey bacon
What is turkey bacon?
Such a product is prepared from a lean turkey thigh. Turkey bacon is very popular with turkey lovers. The turkey bacon meat is taken from the turkey thighs. The fat content of such bacon is much lower than that of other varieties, and also such meat is heat treated with smoke. Which bacon is the tastiest is up to you.
Below you can check most popular recipes of cooking turkey bacon in oven:
Baking crispy turkey bacon in the oven
Required materials to make turkey bacon:
- Baking form
- Aluminum paper
- Oven glove
- Turkey bacon
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and fold in a piece of aluminum foil. Tear the aluminum foil into a piece 5 cm longer than the pan. Fold back and forth like an accordion, forming ridges 2 cm high.
* Concertina aluminum foil will help bacon create a crispier texture. If you want it to be smoother and less crunchy, just place a flat aluminum foil on a baking sheet.
Place the meat on the ridges of the aluminum foil. Place the paper on a baking sheet and place the desired amount of bacon on the ridge. Avoid slicing, as the sides may not be as crispy.
Bake the bacon for seven to eight minutes. Take the pan in a preheated oven and bake the turkey until it starts to darken and crunchy. The sides will also start to become dry and crispy when it’s time to turn the slices over.
Turn the slices over and bake for another seven to eight minutes. If you used aluminum foil for the accordion, you do not need to turn the bacon over, as it will retain its wavy shape. But if you used a flat piece of aluminum foil, use tongs to turn each slice to the other side. Cook for another seven to eight minutes until completely crispy.
Remove from the oven and serve. Using a kitchen glove, remove the pan from the oven. Then remove the bacon from the aluminum and serve immediately while it is still warm.
* Store what’s left in a sealed container in the refrigerator, but use after four to five days.
Roast turkey bacon with brown sugar
Required materials to make turkey bacon with brown sugar in the oven:
- Baking form
- Small bowl
- Spoons and cups
- Wreath or spoon
- Oven glove
- Kitchen brush, optional
- Turkey bacon
Preheat the oven to 190 ° C and prepare the pan. Tear off a piece of parchment paper and line the pan with the edges.
Place the turkey bacon on a lined baking sheet. Bacon should be in one layer to cook evenly. The slices may touch but not overlap, as they will not eventually become crispy.
* To serve four people, use 450 g of turkey bacon (approximately 20 to 30 slices, depending on thickness).
Mix brown sugar with maple syrup. Measure in a small bowl ¼ cups (50 g) of light brown sugar and add 3 tablespoons (50 ml) of maple syrup. Dissolve the sugar in the syrup with a whisk or spoon.
Apply the mixture to the pieces of bacon. Dip a kitchen brush into the syrup and divide it into slices. If you do not have a brush, water the meat with a spoon.
Season the bacon and bake for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with slices of ground black pepper. Then take the pan in a preheated oven and bake the turkey until it becomes crispy, according to your preferences.
Serve warm turkey bacon or store in the refrigerator. Allow the remaining pieces to cool and refrigerate in a sealed container for four to five days. Remember that bacon is likely to lose its crispy texture.
Tasty bacon turkey sauce
- Water 2 cups
- Dry red wine 1, 5 cups
- Orange juice 0, 3 cups
- Orange peel 4-5 st. l.
- Sugar 1 tsp.
- Corn starch 0, 5 cups
- Ground nutmeg 1 st. l.
- Ginger is ground 0, 5 tsp.
- Ground black pepper 0, 5 tsp.
- Salt 0, 5 tsp.
- Rosemary 1 tsp.
- 10-15 sheets.
- At the first stage we need to prepare all the ingredients.
- In particular, we will need cranberries, red wine, orange juice and zest, sugar, starch, as well as salt, pepper and many different spices.
- In addition, we need a saucepan or a small saucepan in which we prepare the sauce.
- Now wash the cranberries and send them in a saucepan. Fill them with water and add sugar and starch. Also at this stage, pour port or red wine into the casserole.
- After that, pour fragrant and delicious orange juice into a saucepan.
- Then add spices to the mass. We have salt, ground ginger, nutmeg, black pepper, and orange peel.
- Now wash and chop a few rosemary leaves with a knife. Pour them into a saucepan. Mix all ingredients well and place on a plate. Bring to a boil.
- Cook the sauce for 15 minutes after boiling. It thickened a bit and changed its color.
- Beat the mixture with a blender and get a homogeneous mass.
- Cool the finished sauce and serve it with cooked turkey bacon.
We would also recommned you to read How To Cook Kielbasa, that’s also very delicious
Questions and Answers
How many calories in turkey bacon?
We guess that you should know that there are 42 calories in turkey bacon (1 medium slice).
Serving Size 1 medium slice ( after cooking)
- Energy value 176 kJ
- Fat 3.07g
- Saturated Fat 0.912g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1,199g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.749g
How many carbs in turkey bacon?
- Carbohydrates 0.34g
- Sugars 0g
- Fiber 0 G
- Proteins 3.26g
- Sodium 251 Mg
- Cholesterol 11mg
- Potassium 43mg
How healthy is turkey bacon?
The healthy stuff of turkey bacon has long been known. It consists in the fact that the composition of this meat includes a large number of vitamins, minerals, trace elements and other nutrients.
- As for vitamins, sliced turkey bacon contains vitamins:
- You can take care of the normal functioning of the cardiovascular system, increasing the efficiency in the diet of this product. As in the composition of acids present, also necessary for the brain and liver.
- Protein (11.6 grams in composition) is important for nursing mothers, who together with breast milk transfer nutrients to the child, as well as people who diligently play sports.
– group A, which has a positive effect on the skin, rejuvenating it
– group B to normalize the nervous system help to improve metabolism
– group E, have a beneficial effect on the human heart and blood vessels
How do you know when turkey bacon is done?
How much to fry or bake bacon is not a difficult question. It is impossible to answer the question unambiguously, of how long turkey bacon is cooked. Much depends on its origin, freshness, and method of preparation. In general, it takes 10-15 minutes of attention.
To make the fried bacon crispy, you just need to keep it in the oven longer in the open way.